Om Sri Ganeshaya Namaha

Om  Sri  Ganeshaya  Namaha
follow me on twitter http://twitter.com/#!/lucksr

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Extending Trading Hours

 Hot topic. I seriously did not want to write about this but I have got a number of mails asking me about  my views. Yes, like you all I too am extremely irritated and anguished about it. Long working hours was a catalyst in my leaving my bank job !!  Now I am back in the same boat. 9 to 5 should be assumed as 8 to 6 or 7 or more.

 I would want to talk only of how it is going to affect us, the traders.

  • Trading , especially day trading is a mentally tiring job and I am sure day traders will be the most affected. 
  • Positional traders , even the short term ones, who rely only on technicals will be the least affected .
 We cannot fight the system . So better accept it and adapt your trading style to the changes . But dont forget that it should  suit your mental makeup primarily . If a trader is mentally strong then no change can affect her/him.

Please post your views in the comment box rather than in my personal mailbox. Interaction could be wider.

Happy Trading !!

Lakshmi Ramachandran
www.vipreetsafetrading.com

1 comment:

Sujatha said...

Really irritating. As a Homemaker i am feeling the heat very much.

People who don't have other work and full time traders may enjoy.. but how long is the question? 9-5 monitoring the monitor is not healthy, it's applicable to the brokers too, how and when they will do their backoffice work? Will they get more salary?

QUOTE : If a trader is mentally strong then no change can affect her/him. Thanks for this wordings.

When i was telling to my kid about market timings, she shot back.. "As usual you close the trade @ 3.30 mummy, if u get little profit out from the market then do next day - and don't murmer- leave it " (cos she will come home @ 3.30 she don't like if i am working for long hrs)so, probably i have to follow her words..no other option to me..Changes only unchangeable.

Thanks and regards